There are a number of Awards that Bloggers bestow on one another. These awards are very nice, because they don’t require a nomination committee, nor a round of voting. They are just one blogger saying they like the work of another blogger. All very civilized.
One of these Awards is the prestigious Versatile Blogger Award. At least, I’m going to assume it is prestigious because I see a number of very fine bloggers have gotten one. So I was honored to have received this award from Tien at Tien Unscripted. Tien is an International Student in New Zealand, born in Malaysia. She is an enthusiastic new blogger as you will see when you visit her site. Thank-you Tien!
A Blogger Award is a bit like a chain letter. My friends will tell you that I am usually the dead-end link of any chain that arrives at my house. Of course, these usually involve recipes, and I really don’t want another 100 or 2000 ones that I will never cook. But a Blogger Award is a different animal.
So I will accept it with honour and abide by most of the RULES: The recipient has to:
- Thank the person who awarded you and link to his/her blog
- Tell 7 random facts about yourself
- Pass the award to 15 new found bloggers
- Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to, and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it…or not.
7 Random Facts:
1. I am short. I can stand up under the overhead luggage compartments of an airplane without stooping at all.
2. My Christmas tree is still up. No decorations, but it is still up.
3. I eat a bit of dark chocolate every day.
4. I like Murder Mysteries. I like to watch them. I like to read them.
5. Calvin and Hobbes is my all time favourite cartoon strip.
6. Honour and Favourite can be spelled with a ‘u’ and I wish the spell checker would quit marking them as misspelled words.
7. We have a Bone Marrow Transplant survivor in our family.
Next, I have to pass this award on to 15 new found bloggers. As you may remember, I am interested in statistics. So, if I pass this award to 15 bloggers this week, and they each pass it on to 15 bloggers next week, and each of them passes it on the following week, (the philosophy of the chain letter at work here) then in just 6 weeks 11,390,625 bloggers will have received this Award. I Googled “Versatile Blogger Award” and found 967,000 results relating to an award that appears to have been born in mid 2010. So I guess quite a few people have broken the chain!
While I don’t plan on breaking the chain, I would like to send this award to just 6 Special New Blogs that I’ve found. All of these people are very Versatile. It is just one of the many skills a person needs in order to carve out a life after the intensity of diseases such as cancer.
1. Hemlock1981 – a Bone Marrow Transplant survivor in the American Military
2. mar510 – a Bone Marrow Transplant survivor. A very short story. I hope the writer is okay.
3. The Adventures of BaldyLocks – a Canadian Bone Marrow Transplant survivor – attitude and spunk…
4. Miss Melanoma – a Melanoma Cancer survivor.
5. Battling Breast Cancer with Class – a Breast Cancer survivor.
6. Reservoir Blog - an athlete with cancer.
Please be sure to visit each and every one of these blogs. Their stories are remarkable, and their blogs will lead you to many more blogs that tell stories of remarkable courage and determination.
Cancer is not a sentence, just a word.
- John R. McFarland, from Now That I have Cancer I am Whole -
It will come as a shock to no one that cancer isn’t something you put on your “List of Things to Do Today.“
- Erma Bombeck, I Want to Grow Hair… -
My Similar Blogging Story: WordPress blogs – Express Yourself - The mechanics of blogging with WordPress.